Registration and Records


All persons who attend classes at the University must first be admitted to the University, and are required to register and pay the established tuition and fees. The dates, times, locations and procedures for registration are listed each semester on the Registrar's office web page.


MavLINK is the online self-service application providing students with an array of information and direct access to their academic, financial, and personal data. Access to MavLINK is gained by the use of your NUID and password.


The NUID (Nebraska Unique Identification) is a unique 8 digit number assigned to all students, faculty, and staff members during either admission or hiring. This number remains the same across the University of Nebraska and Nebraska State College system. More information about the NUID is available at the following address:

Registration Requirements

Prior to the start of classes each session, students must register for courses according to instructions published on the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) website. To be eligible to register, a new or re-admitted student (one who has not enrolled during the previous two years) must have completed all admission requirements. Prior to registering, a student should seek assistance from an academic advisor within his/her college. Some colleges and departments require advising prior to registering. Every student is encouraged to review the requirements for his/her intended degree with an assigned academic advisor. This review should be scheduled in preparation for and prior to each registration.

Students who have outstanding debts or fees owed to the University will not be permitted to register until these obligations have been met. Academically suspended students may not register for additional course work until an application for reinstatement has been filed with and approved by their collegiate dean. Due to limited facilities and staff, the University cannot guarantee all students will be able to enroll for every course they wish in each semester.

How to Enroll and Make Changes to Enrollment

All adding, swapping, dropping, or withdrawing from courses is completed in MavLINK.

Adding a Class

A class can be added to a student’s schedule via MavLINK until the 100% refund period ends. Start dates are found on the class schedule. Refund dates can be found on the Cashiering/Student Accounts site. Late adds begin after the 100% refund period ends and require permission from the instructor prior to enrollment in MavLINK. A $25.00 Late Registration Fee will be assessed to those students whose initial enrollment takes place after the start of the session. Exceptions to this are thesis, internship, or independent study.

Dropping/Withdrawing From a Class

A class can be dropped or withdrawn from a student’s schedule via MavLINK up until the last day to withdraw. The last day to withdraw can be found on the Academic Calendar. Students can also contact the Office of the University Registrar to verify the last day to withdraw. Requests to drop a class submitted via fax or U.S. mail will be processed based on the dates appearing on the fax or U.S. mail postmark.

Drops can only be completed in the 100% refund period of your course. If students drop the course from their schedule during this period, it will not be listed on their academic transcript.

Withdraws can be completed up until the last day to withdraw for the semester. The last day to withdraw can be found on the Academic Calendar. If students withdraw from a course, a grade of "W" will be listed on their academic transcript. "W" grades have no impact on the academic GPA. 

Students who drop or withdraw from one or more classes, or who completely withdraw from all courses will be obligated to UNO for that portion of tuition that is indicated on the refund schedule. Students who completely withdraw are also obligated to pay the non-refundable portion of tuition and fees for the class(es) from which they are withdrawing. Students who are currently enrolled can click on the "refund" link next to each class in their schedule inside MavLINK to check refund percentage dates.

Swapping a Class

Swapping a class allows students to save their space in the original class while trying to enroll for a new course. It's a safer way to make changes to their existing class schedule during periods in which a lot of other students are also enrolling for their classes.

  1. Swaps must be done on the same day.
  2. Swaps are allowed during the first week of the standard semester. For classes that are outside the regular session, it will be necessary to contact the Office of the University Registrar to complete a swap.
  3. Swaps are only allowed for classes in the same session.
  4. Classes used for swaps cannot be used again for another swap.

Permission Numbers

A Permission Number is entered via MavLINK. A permission number must be entered for any courses that require instructor or department consent. A permission number will also override any prerequisite or GPA requirement, as well as a closed course. A permission number will NOT override a time conflict. The instructor or advisor must request a time conflict override through the Office of the University Registrar on the student’s behalf.

Receiving a permission number does not register the student for the course. It only means they are able to proceed with enrollment for that course. Once the permission number is issued, the student must register via MavLINK for the course using the number provided.

Permission numbers are BOTH course section and term specific. The student must ensure the permission is issued for the exact course he/she wants. The student will NOT be able to register for a different section of the same course. For example, if a permission is issued for ENGL  1160-003, they will not be able to register for ENGL  1160-006. A new number will need to be issued for the student by their advisor or department contact. Remember, permission numbers can only be used once.

Permission numbers not used before the end of the 100% refund period will be deleted. A new number will need to be issued to enroll after the 100% refund period.

Registration WaitList

A registration waitlist is an electronic process that auto-enrolls students in closed classes as seats become available. This enables students to get into the classes they want without having to continuously check for possible openings. Waitlists operate on a first-come, first-served basis, so this process ensures that students who register for the waitlist sooner have a better chance of getting into a closed course. Waitlists are only available once the class is full. For high-demand classes, this may be the first day of registration or, for other classes, as late as the week before the term starts.

Waitlisted classes do not count toward a student’s enrolled hours. If a student’s financial aid requires full-time enrollment, he/she needs be sure to enroll in enough credits without counting waitlisted classes. Each department is responsible for determining if their class offerings should have a waitlist or not.

For courses with no waitlist available, students will need to check regularly for possible openings. Students may add themselves to any number of waitlists but will not be enrolled beyond the maximum number of hours allowed for that term. Students may remove themselves from a waitlist by following the same process as dropping a class. More information on the Registration WaitList can be found at:

Audit Registration Policies and Procedures

All persons wishing to audit a course must be admitted and eligible to enroll in classes for the term in question. Students may only register to audit a course on or after the first day of the semester. Audit students may not participate in recitation, turn in papers, or take examinations. Academic credit is not awarded for audited courses nor do they apply in counting hours for full- or half-time status. Foreign language and physical education activity courses cannot be taken on an audit basis. Audit registration is subject to available class space, requires the written permission of the instructor, and must be done in person at the Office of the University Registrar, Eppley Administration Building 105. Audit tuition is one half of the applicable resident undergraduate or graduate tuition rate. The half-price tuition rate for audit courses is available only during the first week of the semester. Audit enrollments are assessed the same student fees as credit enrollments. Likewise, audits are refunded at the same rate as credit enrollments.

Students who register to take a course for credit and change to audit after the first week of class will be required to pay the full applicable tuition rate.


Classes are conducted on the premise that regular attendance is desirable. The individual instructor has responsibility for managing student attendance and for communicating at the beginning of each semester those class attendance policies which prevail in that course.

If a student is absent or anticipates an absence, the student’s primary responsibility is directly to the instructors and the student should consult with them accordingly. If a student anticipates absence for an extended period, the student should promptly notify instructors and be prepared to document the reason for extended absences.

Instructors or other University officials who may require students, individually or collectively, to be absent from their classes due to a field trip or similar officially-recognized activity are responsible for providing adequate information to the students involved so they may provide notice to other instructors.

Should there be cause on the part of the individuals involved to feel the reasons for absence were not considered with equity, a decision with punitive consequences may be appealed. The appeals procedure is the same as that provided for in each collegial unit for other academic, classroom-related items (grades, cheating, etc.). The student should submit the justification for the appeal in writing to the department chair and, if unsatisfactory, to the collegial dean. The final step in the appeals process rests with the student submitting a written statement requesting the consideration of the respective dean’s advisory council, indicating the specific nature of the appeal to be considered. The advisory council’s recommendation to the respective dean will be the last step for the student, and the dean’s decision will constitute the final determination for the University.

The routing of appeals shall be in the department and collegial unit offering the course in which the student is enrolled.

Student Holds

A hold can be placed on a student's record for reasons including but not limited to:

  • Non-payment of debt (tuition payments, parking tickets, library fines, etc.)
  • Academic suspension
  • Failure to meet immunization requirements
  • Required academic advising
  • Missing admission information
  • Non-compliance with other university regulations/obligations

A hold on the record can impact one or more of the following:

  • Enrollment – ability to register for classes (Dropping and withdrawing from classes will need to be completed in person at the Office of the University Registrar.)
  • Receiving a transcript
  • Refund from Student Accounts

Online Class Definition

UNO offers two types of online courses. Totally Online courses are 100% online and students are never expected to meet face-to-face. Partially Online courses are 50% or more online and students are required to meet face-to-face at least once.

Academic Course Credit

All credit courses offered by the University may be applied toward any degree or certificate granted, except as stated by each department.

The amount of credit assigned to a course is determined by the number of hours per week a class is in session, with some exceptions such as laboratory, physical education, band and choir. A course scheduled to meet three hours per week for a semester, therefore, merits three semester hours credit. No more credit than the amount stated in the catalog is permitted in any course. 

To receive credit, all work must be done under the supervision of a member of the faculty.

Course Prerequisites

Course prerequisites are automatically met based on previous coursework completed while at UNO or through transfer credit as determined by the student’s advisor.

If the attempted enrollment results in an error indicating that prerequisites have not been met, students must contact their academic advisor or college advising office.

If a student is allowed to enroll without the necessary prerequisites, a permission number must be issued by the academic advisor or the department and entered into MavLINK during the enrollment process.

Course prerequisites can be found by viewing the online catalog, or by logging into MavLINK, selecting "Class Search" and clicking on the title of a course listed. 

Credit Hour Definition

The University of Nebraska at Omaha uses the Federal definition1 of a credit hour, which states:

A credit hour is an amount of work represented in intended learning outcomes and verified by evidence of student achievement that is an institutionally-established equivalency that reasonably approximates not less than:

  • One hour2 of classroom or direct faculty instruction and a minimum of two hours of out-of-class student work each week for approximately fifteen weeks;
  • Or at least an equivalent amount of work as required in paragraph (1) of this definition for other activities as established by an institution, including laboratory work, internships, practica, studio work and other academic work leading toward the awarding of credit hours.

1 Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
2 A class hour at the University of Nebraska at Omaha is typically 50 minutes.

How to View Official Grades

Students can view grades via MavLINK immediately after they are posted by the instructor. Official Grades are available in MavLINK under the Academics tab or on the Unofficial Transcript. Final grade reports are not mailed out to students nor can grades be provided over the phone. 

Grading Scale

Grades are determined by the daily record of the student and the record made on quizzes, mid-semester and semester examinations. The weight attached to each of these factors is determined solely by the instructor of the course.

The grading system is as follows:

Symbol Definition Quality Points
A+ outstanding 4.0
A outstanding 4.0
A- outstanding 3.67
B+ proficient 3.33
B proficient 3.0
B- proficient 2.67
C+ satisfactory 2.33
C satisfactory 2.0
C- satisfactory 1.67
D+ below standard 1.33
D below standard 1.0
D- below standard 0.67
F failing 0
CR credit *
NC no-credit, failing *
NR no grade reported *
S satisfactory, Grade of "C" or better for graduate "D" or better for undergraduate *
U unsatisfactory, failing *
AU audit *
I incomplete: Follow rules listed in catalog; cannot be changed to "IP"; can be extended by one semester by instructor request to Registrar. *
IP course in progress: Used for thesis, independent study, research project, or other arranged course; applies to both graduate and undergraduate; remains indefinitely. *
W withdrew (good standing) *
R repeated course *

* — not used in calculating grade point averages

Academic Calendar


The Academic Year

Two semesters of approximately 15 weeks each constitute the academic year. The unit of instruction is the semester hour, which signifies one recitation a week throughout the semester, or equivalent.

Prep Week

The last week of regularly scheduled classes during fall and spring semesters is designated as Prep Week. Except for makeup examination tests in self-paced courses, post-tests in the English Composition Program or laboratory exams, no major examinations (accounting for more than 20 percent of a student’s grade) may be given during this period. Papers, projects or presentations assigned well in advance (at least two weeks) of Prep Week may be due during this period.
(Faculty Senate Resolution)

Final Exams

The last week of fall and spring semesters is designated as Final Examination Week. Exams for classes may be scheduled at other times during Final Exam Week upon mutual agreement of all concerned. Instructors of totally online classes should arrange their final exams during Final Exam Week. Instructors of partially online classes should contact the Office of the University Registrar to find an on-campus exam location if necessary. Exams for summer or special session courses will be held on the last meeting day of the course.

Class Schedule

The UNO public class search is available online at Course offerings are subject to change. Final authority for changes in course offerings rests with academic departments. For questions concerning course offerings, contact the academic department. For general information about enrollment or instructions on how to use MavLINK, visit the Office of the University Registrar’s Enrollment page at:

Designation of Full-Time Status

Full-time graduate students at the University of Nebraska shall be defined as those students enrolled for at least nine credit hours during an academic semester, whether or not the student holds a graduate assistantship.

Students enrolling for more than 12 hours must have the approval of the Dean for Graduate Studies. In some programs special permission may be granted to take more than 12 hours as a regular load. Students should consult with the department/school for provisions.

Explanation of Graduate Credit Course Numbers

Courses available for graduate credit are those which have been approved by the UNO Graduate Faculty or its designee. Students will not be allowed to upgrade or retake courses previously taken for undergraduate credit so that they can be used for any purpose where graduate credit is required. Undergraduate courses cannot be used toward a graduate degree.

A numbering system is used to indicate the availability and level of courses for graduate credit, as follows:

3- - -/8 - - 5     (e.g. 3110/8115) or 4 - - -/8 - - 6

Courses with these numbers are open to both undergraduate and graduate students. Only 8 - - 5 and 8 - - 6 receive graduate credit; it is expected that students enrolled for graduate credit will do work at a higher level than that which is expected of undergraduate students in the same course.

No more than two 3 - - -/8 - - 5 courses are allowed on a plan of study.

8 - - 0 or 9 - - -

Courses with these numbers are normally restricted to graduate students only. At least one-half the hours of course work on a plan of study must be in courses normally restricted to graduate students only.

With special permission from the Dean for Graduate Studies, exceptional juniors and seniors may enroll in graduate courses.


8--/9--1 (e.g. 8030/9031)

Courses with these numbers are normally for masters and doctoral level students. If taken at the master's level the course cannot be taken again at the doctoral level.

Identification Card – MavCard

Upon first registering at UNO, students must have their pictures taken in MavCard Services (in the Student Center) for your MavCard (Student ID Card). This card is expected to last the student’s entire time at UNO and should be carried at all times. MavCards serve as identification for services in the Library, Bookstore, HPER building and other places on campus. Students may be required to show their MavCards before being served in any of these facilities. MavCards are not transferable, and use by anyone other than the student to whom the card issued is subject to disciplinary action. Lost cards may be replaced by contacting MavCard Services in the Milo Bail Student Center. A $10.00 charge will be made for replacement cards.

Information about the UNO student identification card is available here.

Credit/No Credit Option for Courses Offered for Graduate Credit

The UNO Graduate Faculty does not, in general, allow the Credit/No Credit option for courses offered for graduate credit. However, each Graduate Program Committee shall have the right to designate courses such as practica, independent studies or research courses on which this option could apply. Inquire in the Office of Graduate Studies about the availability of this option for specific courses.

The grade of "Credit" is interpreted to mean the equivalent of a grade of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better and is not considered in the calculation of grade point averages.

Dropping Courses

Students cannot drop courses after the date identified in the academic calendar for that semester. Exceptions may be made when there are extenuating circumstances. Students requesting an exception must obtain the instructor's certification that work in progress was at the "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) level or higher. Approval of the request must be obtained from the Dean of Graduate Studies before the request to drop is submitted to the Office of the Registrar.

Civil Leave (Statutory Leave)

When a student receives a written notice to provide mandated community service as an election official, juror or witness, he or she must notify the course instructor of the time when the service will be required, within five business days after notice of mandated service is received by the student (or at the start of the semester if notice is received prior to the semester). A copy of the notice must be provided to the instructor.

The instructor will allow the student summoned to mandatory community service an excused absence from the course on the day(s) required for Statutory Leave.

Upon request of the student taking leave, the instructor will ask for another class member to take notes during the period of Statutory Leave.

If Statutory Leave occurs during a critical period in the course (e.g. an exam; in-class graded assignment; group project; participation-required day), the instructor will work with the summoned student to determine if the missed day(s) will likely have a negative impact on the student’s grade and whether the assignment or exam can be accommodated at a later time.

If Statutory Leave causes an extensive loss of class time for the student or will likely negatively impact the student’s grade or learning experience, the instructor and student will determine whether it is best for the student to receive a grade of Incomplete or Withdrawal for the course.

If a grade of Incomplete is chosen, the instructor and student will formally document the procedure required to complete the course.

If a grade of Withdrawal is chosen, the student should receive a prorated refund of tuition and fees paid for the course.

Student Called into Military Service

Executive Memorandum No. 23
    This Policy shall be implemented in order that the University of Nebraska might provide equitable, consistent treatment to its students who are called into military service and to facilitate their ability to continue their education once that military service is completed.
    Students who are regularly enrolled in any class or program offered by the University of Nebraska are eligible for the benefits described in this Policy, if they: (a) belong to a military unit that is called into active duty, or (b) are drafted and not eligible for deferment; such that the date upon which they are required to report to active duty prohibits them, as a practical matter, from completing the term in which they are enrolled.
    An eligible student may elect to cancel registration in all classes in which he or she is enrolled at the time the call for duty is received. In such case, the student shall receive a full refund for all tuition and student fees paid on behalf of that student. In the alternative, the student may request his or her instructors to award a grade or an incomplete for all classes. If an incomplete is given, then the instructor shall file in the student’s educational records and provide to the student specific instructions regarding the study and activities required to complete the course. If a grade and credit are awarded, then the instructor shall award a grade reflective of the student’s performance, taking into consideration the quantity and nature of the curriculum through the time of the student’s departure. Finally, the student shall have the option of withdrawing from selected courses, receiving a pro-rated refund of tuition and fees for those courses, while also opting to receive a grade or incomplete in other courses in which the student is enrolled.
    Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in this Policy, administration of financial aid with respect to any eligible student shall be consistent with federal and state law. Students otherwise eligible for these benefits and receiving financial aid should immediately contact the financial aid office on their respective campuses, where each case must be addressed individually based upon the particular rules applicable to the relevant student. The campus financial aid offices shall address these matters in such a way so as to minimize the financial hardships to the student, while complying with the applicable law and regulations.
    This Policy shall appear in all student catalogs and placed on the websites of Central Administration and each Campus.
    This Policy applies to all administrative units of the University of Nebraska. Each campus may provide supplemental policy guidance, consistent with this Policy, designed to implement the provisions herein, including guidance relating to fees associated with meals and housing, textbooks, parking, lab and course fees, as well as other ancillary fees.

Dated this 17th day of October, 2001.

Incomplete Grades


The grade "Incomplete" ("I") is to be used by an instructor at the end of a term to designate incomplete work in a course. It should only be used when a student, due to extenuating circumstances (such as illness, military service, hardship or death in the immediate family), is unable to complete the requirements of the course in the term in which the student is registered for credit. An "Incomplete" should only be given if the student has already substantially completed the major requirements of the course. Each instructor must judge each situation as to whether an "I" is appropriate.

To receive an “incomplete,” students must contact their professor prior to the end of the semester, request a grade of incomplete, and make arrangements to complete the work. The rules which govern the issuance of the incomplete are as follows:

  1. The grade “I” is used by an instructor at the end of a semester or summer session to designate incomplete work in a course. It is given when a student, due to circumstances such as illness, military service, hardship or death in the immediate family, is unable to complete the requirements of the course in the term in which the student is registered for credit. Incompletes will only be given if the student has already substantially completed the major requirements of the course.
  2. Each instructor will judge each situation. The instructor will also indicate by a departmental record, with a copy to the student, how the incomplete is to be removed, and if the instructor is at the University at the time of removal, supervise the makeup work and report the permanent grade.
  3. In the event the instructor is not available at the time of the student’s application for removal of an incomplete, the department chairperson will supervise the removal of the incomplete and turn in the permanent grade for the student.


Normally there is no time limit for graduate students to remove a grade of “Incomplete”. However, the instructor does have the option of determining the requirements for completing the course and requisite date for removal of an incomplete. It is helpful to have these requirements in writing to ensure there is no miscommunication between the instructor and student.

Intercampus Enrollment

Graduate students within the University of Nebraska system who have been admitted to a graduate program of study at another UN campus may register for graduate courses at UNO by using an Intercampus Registration Form, which can be found on-line.

Repeating a Graduate Course

A student, upon the consent of his or her advisor, may repeat a course in which he/she has previously received a grade of "C+" (2.33 on a 4.0 scale) or below. Both grades will appear on the transcript, but only the second grade will be counted in determining the grade point average.

Readmission to Graduate Studies

A student who has not been enrolled as a graduate student at UNO for 4 years or more must apply as a new graduate student and submit the graduate application, the required non-refundable application fee, and all other required credentials. Applicants cannot apply to the same degree/certificate program once the degree/certificate has been awarded.

Permission for Undergraduates to Register for Graduate Credit

This process does not include approved 4+1 undergraduate/graduate degree programs.

Juniors at an Accredited Institution

Exceptional juniors at the University of Nebraska at Omaha who have obtained, in advance, the approval of their advisor, department chair, the course instructor of record, and the Dean of Graduate Studies may receive up to 12 hours of graduate credit for courses taken at the University of Nebraska at Omaha in addition to the courses necessary to complete their undergraduate work. Juniors are allowed to enroll only in courses designated 8- - -. The student must have at least a "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) average in the undergraduate major. Graduate course work taken prior to receipt of the baccalaureate degree may not always be accepted for transfer to other institutions as graduate work or for completion of degree requirements.

Seniors at an Accredited Institution

Seniors at an accredited institution (including UNO) who have obtained, in advance, the approval of the appropriate campus Dean of Graduate Studies may receive up to 12 hours of graduate credit for courses taken at any campus of the University of Nebraska in addition to the courses necessary to complete their undergraduate work, provided that such credits are earned within the 12 months prior to receipt of the baccalaureate degree and that the student has at least a "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) average in the undergraduate major. Graduate course work taken prior to receipt of the baccalaureate degree may not always be accepted for transfer to other institutions as graduate work or for completion of degree requirements at UNO.

Change of Program

Except for non-degree students, students are admitted to specified programs for specified objectives. Therefore students who wish to transfer to another department/school must complete a new graduate application and submit it with the required non-refundable application fee. The decision as to whether students will be accepted shall be left to the graduate program committee of the department/school in which they are seeking admission and to the Dean for Graduate Studies. Admission to a new program is not automatically granted.

If a currently enrolled graduate student is admitted to a graduate program prior to receipt of their final grades for the current semester, the program may reevaluate its admission decision, if the student receives a grade of C- or lower in any coursework (undergraduate or graduate) for that semester.

Prohibition of Simultaneous Matriculation

Normally, no graduate student may be a degree-seeking student in more than one graduate program at the University of Nebraska, unless enrolled in an approved dual-degree program. Any exception must have prior approval of every graduate program committee and every campus Dean for Graduate Studies through which the programs are administratively assigned. When there is an approved simultaneous matriculation, the same course credit will not be accepted for more than one degree without prior approval of every graduate program committee and every campus Dean of Graduate Studies through which the programs are administratively assigned.

Official Academic Transcripts

Transcripts contain academic information such as course work, grades, credit hours, Grade Point Average and UNO degrees earned.

Before an official transcript can be released, all financial or administrative obligations to the University must be resolved. Holds can be viewed through MavLINK. 

UNO transcript requests can only be completed online. Requests made via phone, email, or fax are not accepted. Transcripts can be ordered by students via their MavLINK. 

To learn more about ordering your transcripts online visit:

Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. They are:

  1. The right to inspect and review the student's education records.
  2. The right to request the amendment of the student's education records to ensure they are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student's privacy or other rights.
  3. The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records, except to the extent FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
  4. The right to file with the U.S. Department of Education a complaint concerning alleged failures by the University of Nebraska at Omaha to comply with the requirements of FERPA.
  5. The right to obtain a copy of the University of Nebraska at Omaha's Student Records Policy. A copy of the policy is available at the Office of the University Registrar, 105 Eppley Administration Building.

A copy of the policy is available at the Office of the University Registrar, 105 Eppley Administration Building.

Record Maintenance and Disposition

All records, including academic records from other institutions, become part of the official file and can neither be returned nor duplicated for any purpose. Students may wish to obtain an additional copy of their official credentials to keep in their possession for advisory purposes or for other personal requirements. Transcripts provided to the university in support of a graduate application will be maintained for two years if the student does not enroll in to program to which they applied.

Discontinuance of Program Offerings

Acceptance of registration by the University of Nebraska and admission to any educational program of the University does not constitute a contract or warranty that the University will continue to offer the program in which a student is enrolled. The University expressly reserves the right to change, phase out or discontinue any program.

The listing of courses contained in any University bulletin, catalog or schedule is by way of announcement only and shall not be regarded as an offer of contract. The University expressly reserves the right to:

  1. add or delete courses from its offerings,
  2. change times or locations of courses or programs,
  3. change academic calendars without notice,
  4. cancel any course for insufficient registrations, or
  5. revise or change rules, charges, fees, schedules, courses, requirements for degrees, and any other policy or regulation affecting students, including, but not limited to, evaluation standards, whenever the same is considered to be in the best interests of the University.

University Regulations

The University and its various colleges, divisions and departments reserve the right to change the rules controlling admission to, instruction in and graduation from the University or its various divisions. Such regulations are operative whenever University authorities deem necessary and apply not only to prospective students but also to currently enrolled students.

The University also reserves the right to withdraw courses, to reassign instructors and to change tuition and fees at any time. In some cases prerequisites for courses offered at the University are effective even if they are not listed in this catalog. See the current class schedule or your adviser for more information.

NOTE: Modifications in the academic calendar and program could be necessitated by emergency conditions.