Economic Education Certificate
Department of Economics, College of Business Administration
The graduate certificate in economic education is to assist high school instructors who teach economics to obtain the 18 graduate credit hours needed to teach economics as a dual enrollment course. The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) requires that teachers must have at least 18 graduate credit hours in a given subject to teach classes that can be considered dual-enrollment. The graduate certificate is designed to expand high school teachers’ economics knowledge both in theory and practice so they can deliver high quality classes at the college-level.
Program Contact Information
Jamie Wagner, PhD, Director, UNO Center for Economic Education
332B Mammel Hall (MH)
6708 Pine Street
Zhigang Feng, PhD, Graduate Program Chair and Advisor
332BB Mammel Hall (MH)
6708 Pine Street
Application Deadlines (Spring 2023, Summer 2023, and Fall 2023)
Students are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible, especially if applying for assistantships or scholarships.
- Fall: July 15
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: April 15
- All applicants must have earned a minimum junior/senior GPA of 2.85
- Students must have completed ECON 2200 and ECON 2220.
- Students with a secondary education degree from UNO may substitute ECON 2400—Economics for Educators in lieu of Principles of Macroeconomics and Principles of Microeconomics.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants are required to have a command of oral and written English. Those who do not hold a baccalaureate or other advanced degree from the United States, OR a baccalaureate or other advanced degree from a predetermined country on the waiver list, must meet the minimum language proficiency score requirement in order to be considered for admission.
- Paper-based TOEFL: 550, Internet-based TOEFL: 80, IELTS: 6.5, PTE: 53, Duolingo: 105
|ECON 8050||ECONOMIC EDUCATION||3|
|ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT|
|MONEY AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS|
|BUSINESS CONDITIONS ANALYSIS|
|QUANTITATIVE APPLICATIONS IN ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS|
|NATURAL RESOURCE ECONOMICS|
|ECONOMICS OF TECHNOLOGY|
|ECONOMIC CONDITIONS ANALYSIS|
|INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT|
|ECONOMICS OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP|
|ECONOMICS OF URBAN AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT|
|SPECIAL STUDIES IN ECONOMICS|