Construction Management Minor
This minor is for engineering, architecture and business majors ONLY.
The College of Engineering enables its students to participate in this approved minor subject to the following conditions:
- A minor will not reduce or alter the existing course or degree requirements for students electing to pursue a minor.
- The minor program must be organized and approved by an advisor prior to the submission of the senior check to the department chair or head.
- The minor must be approved by the advisor, the department chair or head, the dean, and the cognizant program offering the minor.
- Minors on the Lincoln or Omaha campuses may be added by approval of the College of Engineering Curriculum Committee and faculty.
- The minor requires taking one 3-credit course from each of the six required topics listed below for a total of 18 credit hours.
|CHOOSE ONE COURSE FOR EACH REQUIREMENT|
|CNST 112||CONSTRUCTION COMMUNICATIONS||3|
|2) Methods & Materials||3|
|CNST 241||HORIZONTAL CONSTRUCTION||3|
|CNST 242||VERTICAL CONSTRUCTION||3|
|CNST 252||CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS AND TESTING||3|
|3) Building Systems||3|
|CNST 251||CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS AND SPECIFICATIONS||3|
|CNST 305||BUILDING ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICAL SYSTEMS I||3|
|CNST 306||ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS||3|
|CNST 378||CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATING I||3|
|5) Safety/Human Factors||3|
|CNST 444||CONSTRUCTION SITE SAFETY MANAGEMENT||3|
|CNST 480||PRODUCTIVITY AND HUMAN FACTORS IN CONSTRUCTION||3|
|CNST 476||PROJECT BUDGETS AND CONTROLS||3|
|CNST 485||CONSTRUCTION PLANNING, SCHEDULING, AND CONTROLS||3|
|Credit hours Subtotal||18|
|Total Credit Hours||18|
C- and D Grades
A grade of C or better is required for all courses in the minor.
All courses must be taken for a letter grade.