Business in Health Administration Certificate
Department of Business Administration, College of Business Administration; College of Public Health, UNMC
The Business in Health Administration (BIHA) certificate program was developed in collaboration with the UNMC College of Public Health to provide students pursuing the
Master of Health Administration (MHA) program with the opportunity for additional training in economics, finance, and other topics relevant to health care management.
Program Contact Information
312 Mammel Hall (MH)
6708 Pine Street
Ms. Jessica Kampfe, MBA Advisor
311 Mammel Hall (MH)
6708 Pine Street
College of Public Health
984355 Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-4359
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: November 1
- Summer: April 1
- All applicants must have earned a minimum junior/senior GPA of 2.85.
- Entrance Exam
- Official GMAT score: minimum GMAT score of 500 with a minimum 20th percentile for both the verbal and quantitative portions, or 299 on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) with a minimum 20th percentile for both verbal and quantitative sections for GRE test dates after July 1, 2015.
- Applicants qualify for a GMAT/GRE waiver if they meet one of the following requirements:
- Selected Professional Certification from the list on Certopedia or equivalent certification lists that include a qualifying exam and Continuing Education requirements
- Confirmed Professional Engineer license
- Graduate degree possession from any AACSB accredited college or university
- Admission to any domestic or international dual-degree program approved by UNO College of Business Administration, including a 3.33 cumulative GPA
- Bachelor’s degree from AACSB accredited college or university, with a 3.33 cumulative GPA
- Bachelor’s degree from non-AACSB accredited colleges or universities, with a 3.33 cumulative GPA, will be evaluated individually for a GMAT waiver
- Include employment and educational history
Applicants are required to have a command of oral and written English. Those who do not hold a baccalaureate or other advanced degree from the U.S., OR a baccalaureate or other advanced degree from a pre-determined country on the waiver list, must meet the minimum language proficiency score requirement in order to be considered for admission.
- The minimum TOEFL score required for this certificate program is 80 or 6.5 on the IELTS.
Enrollment in the UNMC MHA program will also be a requirement for admission.
Degree Requirements (12 hours)
The 12 credit hours needed to fulfill certificate requirements does not include the foundation courses listed below.
|These courses are not applicable to the completion of the certificate requirements.|
|BSAD 8110||ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL FUNDAMENTALS||3|
|BSAD 8180||ANALYTICAL FOUNDATIONS OF ECONOMICS||3|
|BSAD 8060||PEOPLE: CULTIVATING SKILLS FOR LEADERSHIP||2|
|BSAD 8096||PRINCIPLES OF COLLABORATION||3|
|ECONOMICS: ESSENTIAL CONCEPTS FOR MANAGERS|
|ACCOUNTING: DECISIONS & CONSEQUENCES|
|MARKETING: UNDERSTANDING CONSUMERS AND MARKETS|
Health Care Organization Theory (UNMC)
|BSAD 8910||SPECIAL TOPICS IN BUSINESS (Health Administration) 1||3|
All other courses in the program must have been completed prior to enrolling in BSAD 8910.