Economics, Bachelor of Arts
To obtain a BA with a major in Economics in the College of Arts & Sciences, a student must fulfill university, college, and departmental requirements. Hour requirements follow:
- 46 hours of University General Education courses (Testing out of academic skills requirements and enrolling in major courses that satisfy distribution requirements are likely to reduce the total number of General Education hours.)
- 16 hours foreign language requirement
- Four years of a single language in high school or four college semesters will satisfy this requirement.
- 12-19 hours college breadth requirement
- 30 hours of major courses
- 6-16 hours of electives
TOTAL HOURS: 120
A Bachelor of Arts in Economics consists of a minimum of 30 credit hours, as outlined below.
|ECON 2200||PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS (MICRO)||3|
|ECON 2220||PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS (MACRO)||3|
|ECON 3200||ECONOMIC THEORY: MICRO||3|
|ECON 3220||ECONOMIC THEORY: MACRO||3|
|ECON 4990||SENIOR ASSESSMENT||0|
|BSAD 2130||PRINCIPLES OF BUSINESS STATISTICS (or equivalent) 1||3|
|Select nine hours of Economics electives from 3000-4000 level courses 2||9|
|Select six hours of Economics electives from 4000 level courses 2||6|
|Students are encouraged to take the following:|
|CALCULUS FOR THE MANAGERIAL, LIFE, AND SOCIAL SCIENCES|
or MATH 1370
|APPLIED ALGEBRA AND OPTIMIZATION WITH DATA ANALYSIS|
|INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMETRICS|
Economics courses are listed in the “College of Business Administration” section of this catalog.
A minimum grade of “C” (2.0) is necessary in each required and elective course.